Urban Farm-to-Table in Omaha
Hydroponically grown greens. Year-round at our vertical farm and restaurant.
Located below Gather in Omaha restaurant, the Gather Urban Farm grows varieties of greens, sweet basil, peppery arugula, crispy kale and more. Visit our unique vertical farm in downtown Omaha for incredibly fresh produce that goes from farm to table in just minutes.
Servicing just one of our restaurant locations would require 300 square feet of traditional farm area, or 3,000 square feet to service multiple concepts. Gather Urban Farm allows us to produce with far less, while reducing our food travel from 2,500 miles to just 2 feet.
We grow fresh produce for our Omaha restaurant on-site, cut to order with no nutrient or flavor loss. Most people have never tasted the true flavor of arugula. It’s time you did.
With supply chain disruptions and produce being recalled from contaminations, our Omaha urban farm and its food offer cleanliness, purity and dependability in a self-contained, controlled environment. We recycle our water through reverse osmosis – reducing our usage by 95% compared to traditional farms – and never use herbicides, pesticides or chemicals.
- Superior nutrient density (can actually increase the nutrient density in certain plants)
- Controlled temperature, light, humidity, and other variables to consistently produce predictable yields, regardless of the weather
- Grown year-round, even in heart of winter
- Sustainably grown with LED low-energy lights
- Automated feeding and watering cycles, eliminating weeding and digging, and minimizing pest risk
- Multiple varieties of produce in one area
- No need to use preservatives, irradiation, or other means to keep produce stable
- Delivers product three times faster – seedling to harvest cycle can be as short as 21 days for most herbs and leafy greens
- Each unit takes up less than 6 square feet, so we can produce 10 times more food than a conventional farm of the same size
- No need for heavy equipment or massive amounts of fossil fuels